Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Zucchini Bites

I’m always looking for new side dishes and I thought these looked fun.  I followed the recipe, but added more cheese and some frozen shredded hashbrowns, which turned out really well.  I also added some bread crumbs on top before cooking them along with some salt and pepper.

003

INGREDIENTS
1 cup zucchini, grated
1 egg
1/4 yellow onion, diced
1/4 cup cheese (cheddar or Parmesan work the best)
1/4 cup bread crumbs
Salt and Pepper
*I added shredded hashbrowns

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray, set aside.
Grate the zucchini and then place in a dish towel to squeeze out the excess water.
In a bowl combine, the egg, onion, cheese, bread crumbs, zucchini, salt and pepper.
Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, fill the muffin cups to the top. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the top is browned and set.

No comments:

Post a Comment