Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Beef Stroganoff

This is a great recipe I got from my friend Sarah who recently made it for our book club.  I think that next time I make it, I’m going to use top sirloin instead and I might try to make it in the crock pot and see what happens….so we’ll have to let you all know.

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 pounds cubed round steak, cut in thin strips
All purpose flour
2 TBS oil (olive oil)
2 TBS butter
1 medium onion
8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
1 can beef broth
1 can cream of mushroom soup
salt and pepper
1 cup sour cream
cooked egg noodles

DIRECTIONS
Season steak, dust flour. Brown meat on both sides with oil and butter. Remove steak from pan. Add the onion slices and mushrooms to the pan drippings, saute for a few minutes, until onion is tender. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. flour. Put the steak back in the pan with onion and mushrooms. Add soup, broth. Cook over low heat 30 minutes, covered. Season. Stir in sour cream before serving. Server over cooked noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment